The New Jaguar XE Revealed
Jaguar have now revealed their new XE model and it is now available to order, with deliveries estimated for May 2015. The car has been produce at Jaguar’s new factory in Solihull, in which they have invested around £2bn. The car’s new Ingenium engines have been produced at a new engine plant in Wolverhampton. Altogether, the new Jaguar XE has created more than 3,000 jobs in the UK. The car was first launched at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. An A-list launch event was held in London for the official unveiling of the XE, which involved the new car being flown over London by a helicopter at dusk. Jaguar are launching the new XE in an attempt to break the compact executive car market, where their main rivals are the BMW 3 series, the Audi A4 and the Mercedes C-Class.
- An all-new six-speed unit manual box.
- All Surface
- An InControl infotainment system which features an 8-inch Touch-screen using voice control. Users can use InControl Apps to do a number of tasks such as make conference calls and book hotel rooms.
- Users can connect their Androids or iOS smartphones to the car and control a number of functions including unlocking the doors, climate control and even starting the car.
- The car is also a Wi-Fi hotspot, enabling many devices to access the internet inside the vehicle.
- The design team behind the new XE was led by Ian Cullum, who has created a model which can be described as sporty, sleek, low, lean and yet more traditional than brash .
- More than 75% of the XE’s body is made from aluminium, making the car light, agile and more economic.
- The new XE comes with a choice of 5 engines, both petrol and diesel.
- The XE S can accelerate 0-60mph in just 4.9 seconds and has an electronically limited speed of 155mph.
- Prices for the entry level 2.0 litre petrol engine model start at £26,995
- The performance 3.0 litre engine S model (currently top of the range): £44, 870
- 161bhp 2.0-litre diesel: from £29,775
- Diesels range from £29,775 – £25,425